University of south Alabama, also referred to as the south, was founded in 1963, it’s a dynamic community of leaders and learners who challenge and support each other in order to actively engaged citizen who can contribute in the development of the Gulf Coast region and the world.
The south is home for more than 14,000 students including foreign students and provides over 100 academic programs. Its vision is to create an environment that brings engaging learning experiences together with high-level research.
The university of South Alabama offers a number of merit-based scholarship opportunities to motivated international students who wish to pursue their undergraduate degree studies in the South.
Value of the scholarship award:
The value of the award depends on the academic record of the applicants
- 28-29 ACT (1310-1380 SAT): $5,000 per year
- 30-31 ACT (1390-1440 SAT): $8,000 per year
- 32 ACT (1450-1480 SAT): $9,000 per year
- 33 or higher ACT (1490 or higher SAT): $11,000 per year
And the scholarship is available for up to four years.
- Freshman students from all over the world on an F-Visa are eligible to apply for this scholarship
- Applicant need to be degree-seeking students
- Candidates must be admitted to the university by April 1st to be considered for the award
- Must have a minimum of 28 ACT (1310 SAT)
- Need to have a minimum high school GPA of 3.5
How to apply:
To be considered for this opportunity, applicants must first take admission in the undergraduate degree program at the South. After being admitted the qualified students will be automatically considered for the award, which means no additional scholarship application is required.
Application End date:
December 31, 2020.