About the Scholarship:
University of Surrey is a public research university, founded in 1891, in Guildford, England. The University is well known as one of the UK’s leading research universities, its academic activities are divided into three faculties consisting of 22 schools and departments. They deliver excellence in career management skills and entrepreneurship support that contextualize employability in the student-learning journey through practice-centred learning and placements. The University offers international students the opportunity to study in any of their campuses under scholarships.
- Eligible Countries: India, Thailand, Nigeria, Pakistan, Turkey, Vietnam or Ghana.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Masters degree coursework in any subject area offered by the university
- Eligibility Criteria: For being eligible, the applicant must:
- Hold an offer for a full-time masters program
- Meet all the conditions of your offer.
- Be an overseas fee-paying student
- Be self-funded
- Be registering on the first year of a full-time Masters
Documents required for Application:
- Scanned copies of signed/stamped qualifications
- A copy of your passport
- A personal statement (for non-research courses)
- A research proposal (for research courses only)
- Contact details of two referees.
The following qualifications are accepted by the University as evidence that you meet our minimum level of competence in English:
- GCSE English Language grade C (4), or above
- Country equivalencies for GCSE English Language grade C (4) as defined on the Qualification Database
- iGCSE English as a First Language grade C, Second Language grade B, in all four elements
- International Baccalaureate English grade 4 at either standard or higher level where the IB meets the standard academic entry requirements
- AS-level in English Language or English Literature
- A-level in English Language or English Literature
- European Baccalaureate English 6 (Language 1/2) or 7 (Language 3)
- Successful completion of a University of Surrey pre-sessional English language course immediately preceding the main degree course
- Pearson Test of English, taken within two years of the start of the course
- IELTS Academic, taken within two years of the start of the course
- TOEFL (ibt), taken within two years of the start of the course
- Trinity College London Integrated Skills in English (ISE), taken within two years of the start of the course
- Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English.
- Must accomplish the other English language requirements of the university
A tuition fee discount of £2,500 on the first-year fees.
Sponsored by: University of Surrey
Funding: Partial Funding
Host Country: UK
Institution(s): University of Surrey
Degree Level: Masters Degree